This convenient pancake mix is good to keep on hand for mornings you're pressed for time. Served with locally made maple syrup, these sweet and fluffy pancakes are a big hit.
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups shortening
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt ; mix well.
- Cut in shortening until mixture ressembles coarse crumbs; store in airtight canister at room temperature.
- 1½ cups Pancake Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a bowl, combine mix and sugar.
- Combine milk and egg ; add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by one-third cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle ; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes.
- Cook until second side is golden brown.