Because it's made the night before, you can relax in the morning before your guests arrive.
- 15 slices white bread
- 3 cups shredded process American cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped brocoli, cooked and drained
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3½ cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- Using a doughnut cutter, cut 15 circles and holes from the bread ; set aside.
- Tear leftover bread into small pieces and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2 in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese and onion over bread ; layer with brocoli and ham.
- Arrange bread circles and holes over ham.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and mustard ; pour over all.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake uncovered, at 325F for 50 minutes ; sprinkle with paprika and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.