An oatmeal crumb topping spiced with nutmeg realty complements Maine blueberries.
One 9-inch pie
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- Oatmeal buckle (recipe follows)
- Toss blueberries in a mixing bowl with sugar and tapioca ; spoon into pie shell.
- Sprinkle oatmeal topping evenly over blueberries ; bake at 425F (220C) for 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F (175C) and bake 25 minutes longer.
- Let cool at least 1 hour before cutting.
- ¼ cup butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- One-third cup all purpose flour
- One-third cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Using pastry blender, mix all ingrédients until crumbly.