It has many uses beyond salad as a marinade or pan sauce.
Makes 1½ cups
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1 medium shallot
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup canola oil
- Coarse kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, shallot, Ginger, mustard, soy sauce, maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar until well blended.
- With the motor running on low, pour the olive and canola oils gradually through the hole in the blender lid or food processor feed tube and blend until emulsified.
- Adjust seasoning to taste ; strain if desired.