This basic granola recipe is a must to have on hand at our house. With a great cinnamon flavor, it's perfect for a quick and hearty breakfast or snack.
About 7 cups
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Two-third cup raisins
- In a bowl, stir butter, honey, cinnamon and salt until well blended.
- Combine oats, coconut and walnuts in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Add butter mixture and stir to coat evenly ; bake at 275F for 50-60 minute or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add raisins ; cool, stirring occasionally.
- Store in an airtight container.