Makes 2½ to 3 dozen
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 6-ounces package semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, butter, eggs and vanilla ; beat at medium speed 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in oatmeal, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by well rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden ; cool 2 minutes, then carefully transfer to racks with spatula.