Makes 6 servings
- 3 large all-purpose potatoes (2 pounds), pared and cut into ¾-cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped pared fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- One-third cup frozen peas
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Bring medium-size saucepan of water to boiling ; add potatoes to boiling water ; cook just until tender, about 6 minutes and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat ; add cumin seeds ; cook until toasted, about 4 minutes ; remove from skillet and reserve.
- Heat oil in skillet ; add onion ; sauté until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, curry powder, frozen peas, salt and pepper to skillet ; sauté, turning potatoes gently, 3 minutes ; heat through.