- 2 cups plain or italian bread crumbs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 small onions, minced
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl blend together all the meatballs ingrédients.
- Form the mixture into balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 15 minutes, drain any fat.
- In a sauce pan heat the beer, brown sugar and chili sauce, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and water, and stir until dissolved.
- Blend the mixture into the sauce, and stir until thickened.
- Place the meatballs in the sauce and heat through.