Makes 4 to 5 pints
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- ¾ pounds green tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups vinegar
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons tumeric
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- Prepare peppers, onions and tomatoes.
- Put vegetables in a large, heavy saucepan and add the rest of the ingrédients.
- Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened ; stir occasionally.
- Pack into hot jars, wipe rims, and seal ; process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes.