Makes 4 sandwiches
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 slices pumpenickel-raisin bread
- ¼ cup honey mustard (recipe below)
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ pound sliced honey-baked ham
- ½ pound Brie cheese, sliced
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon in medium-size bowl ; add apple and lemon juice ; gently toss.
- For one sandwich, spread two slices of bread with some of the mustard.
- Top one slice, mustard-side up, with lettuce leaves, one-quarter of the ham, one-quarter of the Brie and one-quarter of the apple slices ; place second slice of bread, mustard-side down, over apples ; cut sandwich in half.
- Repeat to make 3 more sandwiches.
Nutrient value per sandwich : 445 calories, 25 g protein, 20 g fat, 45 g carbohydrate, 1260 mg sodium, 74 mg cholesterol.