Makes 1 loaf
- Two-third cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted with 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped cashews, walnuts or pecans
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup finely chopped and peeled Cortland or Rome apples
- ½ cup grated Vermont sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mik
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nuts.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, butter, apples, cheese, and milk ; add to sugar mixture and lightly mix together. (do not overmix)
- Pour into the prepared pan ; bake in oven 350F (175C) for 1 hour.
- Cover with foil if it get brown too quickly.