Makes about 4 dozens
- 1 cup (250ml) unsalted butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 cups (500ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 squares (120gr) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups (560ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250ml) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (250ml) chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar ; add eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in chocolate and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon ; gradually add to the cream mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets ; bake at 375F (190C) for 10-12 minutes or until tops are cracked.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.