Makes 2½ to 3 cups
- 1½ cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons slivered pared fresh ginger
- 1½ pounds firm ripe peaches, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- One-third cup raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine white wine and ginger in large non-aluminium skillet ; bring to boiling.
- Lower heat ; simmer until reduced by half, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add peaches, vinegar, honey, liqueur if using, onion and cinnamon ; return to boiling.
- Lower heat ; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until peaches are just tender.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm, chilled or at room temperature.