Makes 4 servings
- One-third cup toasted, slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup couscous
- ¼ cup pitted prunes, quatered
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- In a saucepan, combine chicken broth, cinnamon stick, butter, orange rind and orange juice ; bring to boiling.
- Stir in couscous, prunes and raisins.
- Remove saucepan from heat ; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- To serve : Remove cinnamon stick ; stir in toasted almonds.