- 1½ pounds wedge Brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Encase the Brie in the puff pastry and place on a cookie sheet.
- Combine the egg yolk and cream, and brush the pastry, using the mixture to seal the edges.
- Use pièces of the pastry to make décorations, affixing them with the egg wash.
- Bake in a 400F (200C) oven for about 30 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve warm with the Apple Raisin compote (recipe below) and crackers or a good country bread.
Apple Raisin compote
Makes about 3 cups
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 apples, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- In a sauce pan melt the butter and add the remaining ingrédients.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the apples are starting to soften.
- Remove from the heat and pour onto a serving platter.
- Top with the Brie en croute.
- Serve immediately.