Cinnamon raisin toastServe 4
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- Combine the milk, eggs and vanilla in a flat bowl, mix well.
- Dip the bread in the mixture to coat both sides.
- Heat a skillet or a griddle coated with nonstick spray.
- Brown the toast over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes, then turn to brown on the other side.
- Serve with the three berry sauce.
Three Berry sauce
Makes 1¼ cups
- 1 cup fresh strawberry halves
- ½ cup raspberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- ½ cup blueberries
- Combine the fruits and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Let the mixture stand until the sugar dissolves.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch with the water and add to the berry mixture.
- Increase the heat to high, and stir constantly until thickened and clear.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately with the Cinnamon raisin toast.