Makes 4 servings
- 1 clove garlic
- one-third cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon leaf sage, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 flounder fillets (1¼ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place garlic in a small food processor or blender, whirl until finely chopped.
- Add almonds, flour, sage, parsley, salt and pepper, whirl until almonds are finely chopped.
- Remove mixture to sheet of wax paper, coat fillets on both sides, pressing nut mixture onto fillets.
- Heat 1 tablespoon each butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 fillets, cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, carefully turn fish over ; cook another 3 to 4 minutes or until fish is cooked through, reducing heat if necessary.
- Transfer fish to platter and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet out with paper toweling, repeat with remaining butter, oil and fish.
- Serve immediately.