Makes about 3 cups
- 4 cups firmly packed spinach (10 to 12 ounces)(350 grams)
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup olive oïl
- ½ cup chopped pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 cloves garlic
- Place 2 cups of spinach and remaining ingrédients in food processor, cover and process 1 minute.
- Add remaining spinach and process about 2 minutes, stopping processor occasionally to scrape sides, until finely chopped and smooth.
- Serve over hot pasta or spoon on top of a block of cream cheese for a quick appetizer spread if desired.
- Store covered in refrigerator up to 3 days or in freezer up to 3 months.