Makes about 4 cups
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 ripe pears, cored and cut into large chunks
- ½ cup pitted prunes, halved
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add curry powder ; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add apple jelly and brown sugar ; cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pears, prunes and water to skillet ; cover and simmer until pears are tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.